When you come to Blue Cypress, you’ll want to come prepared, as it’s pretty far to any civilization beyond the closest gas stations and convenience stores, six miles from Blue Cypress Village (plus four miles of graded road) at Yeehaw Junction.
Most of your kitchen needs will be furnished: coffee maker, toaster, stove, microwave, refrigerator, etc.
Bring with you:
- Your clothes
- Your food (just in case you do more fishing than catching)
- Personal items and toiletries
- Coffee and Coffee filters for standard drip coffee makers.
- Bug spray (to repel mosquitos, no-see-ums, biting flies that can be bad from time-to-time, but not always).
- Sun block, hat, sun shirt, long pants, socks and shoes
- Rain gear
- Fishing gear
- Charcoal and lighter fluid for grills. There are grills on the property. Bring your own if you like.
- Weather radio (in case your phone doesn’t work)
- Walkie-talkies might help families keep in touch in the village